Fickle Fancy

Is it just me or does everyone else find it so hard to list their 'favourites'? I get very excited. I think 'Oooh, all about me!' and we all love a bit of that! But then I have to make decisions. Oh my. "Whats your favourite Mr Kipling?" ... well ...
You see 'favourite' is a relative term to me. Is it my favourite when it's Summer or Winter? when I'm happy or sad? When I'm indoors or out in the garden ...you get the picture.
I started asking friends about their favourites. I have been amazed by what I found out! For example; I have so many friends who say orange is their favourite colour. 'How could I not have known that? How could they be so wrong?' I mused. But then I began to think about it. Orange - the colour which makes Pink go Zing when you put the two side by side.
Of course!
How could I live without it!
I'm not insincere or dishonest. I just don't seem able to settle on just one of anything when there are so many of everything from which to choose. It's like the 'sweetie shop of life' question. I'm more of a Pick 'n' Mix kind of a girl. Maybe you think that's shallow and that a person who loves one thing from the age of 3, without question, loves more deeply. But I think a fickle fancy is a fancy of choice rather than a lifetime habit! So with just a little exception, fickle as a flea is how I shall be. Today Roses tomorrow Valerian ...
Today Bakewell Tarts, tomorrow Viennese Whirls. Today pink, tomorrow pink and orange.
And for the curious; what is that exception of mine? Well, our beautiful boy of course! Decidedly my favourite without any trace of habit at all. I may be fickle in my fancies but I'm not completely daft!
Not to be left out Dorothy Dog is getting in on the Pink Orange thing!!
I'm off to eat those cakes before my boy gets there first!
t.x

Comments

Mette said…
What a great way to start my Friday off from work - looking at your colourful pictures. I like that happy colour mix. Beautiful buttons! Mette, Erleperle
Niki Fretwell said…
Hi T,
Funny about the colour orange, isn't it? (It was ALWAYS/Still is, Mum's favourite)
I always say that I can be converted into loving a colour. I think your adorable little Dorothy Dog has done that for me with her pink and orange coat!

Cute photo - Like father, like son?

Enjoy your cakes,
Niki x
Teena Vallerine said…
Hello my fickly friends! I think all good crafters are open to new colour combinations. That's what makes your work so beautiful!
Cakes? What cakes? No cakes in this house..... :-)
Love the colours in this post - those assorted buttons are my weakness!

Love those cute quail eggs too!
vanessa said…
Hi Teena,
I clicked on the link you gave me to this blog post, and then because my computer was playing up, it kept on quiting, so I've just gone to your blog and gone back to this wonderful post! Scrolling back through all your posts makes me want to start at the very beginning, and catch up to when I first found your gorgeous blog. The visual treats that were flashing by as I scrolled down. My mouth is watering! I'll have to keep that treat for later as I must, must ,must do some work! Thank you for the be-ro recipe tip, I'm going to look into that.
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)
vanessa said…
Hello again, forgot to say, love the pink and orange in this post!
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)