Show and Tell Sunday

Well this is most exciting. Having enjoyed everyone's posts for some time, I am finally joining in! This weeks topic, hosted by Heidi on her lovely blog, is 'What is your favourite flea market find?' Of course I'm going to have to show you more than one favourite! So, starting with my kitchen. Some of you will know that we have a 1950's English Rose aluminium kitchen. I love it. It is beautiful and functional and it makes me smile. But there was one corner that caused me pain - literally! Because of the tapered nature of the base units, whenever I rolled pastry or biscuit dough I would bang my head on the wall cupboards. So one corner had to go and I hunted for ages for just the right cupboard to replace my beloved English Rose. Through a remarkable case of serendipity I was eventually given this one......
...for just the cost of the petrol to visit and take it away! It was me or the skip that would have it! Sometimes 'bargain' just does not describe one's joy! Disbelief was also high in my list of emotions! A lick of paint and a touch of my kitchen blue to the inside and it was perfect! I especially love the way the reeded glass shows a tantalising glimpse of the yummy things it stores!
China! Oh I have lots of favourite melaware and china finds, bought for pennies here and there.
Some would say too much china!
Is there such a thing as too much china? And if there is does the same apply to fabric?
So when I'm out, buying too much of everything, occasionally, just occasionally, a bargain and an obsession collide. You see the thing that makes your heart stop....
...mint condition cabbage rose barkcloth...
120cm wide, a full 10 metre length....
for just £2.00!!! Now that's what I call a favourite!
Enjoy your Sunday. I'm off to cook the Father's Day Full English Breakfast. t.x

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just Beautiful finds!!! The cupboard is great and I love your pitchers great colors. Thanks for sharing .

Kathy
Anonymous said…
Wow I have never seen a collection like yours! Thank You!
Anonymous said…
Hi, Teena - I'm so glad you're participating this week because I love your blog. You're not going to find anybody out here who will tell you there's such a thing as too much china or too much fabric! Best wishes from upstate New York - Barbara
Anonymous said…
Oh...how darling these metal cases are. I love the two textures together, the china and the metal!! Kristin
Mya said…
The cabinet is perfect and I love the dishes-Mya
blessings said…
I couldn't agree more...china & fabric, the more the better =) Beautiful! Blessings... Polly
Jenn said…
Oh, what lovely fabric!! I would snap that up too! And love your dishes.... I have those heart dishes too by Bridewater... they aren't too easy to find in Canada! Beautiful stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Recycled Rita said…
Thanks for sharing your goodies!
There is never too much china, fabric, trims, dolls, buttons (especially rhinestone)!!!
And.......I could go on and on!
karen b...
recycledrita.blogspot.com
Sadie Lou said…
Love your china in the pastels! Very sweet!
~Sadie Lou
Betty said…
My best friend growing up had kitchen cupboards just like that. I loved them. I don't think you can ever have too much china or fabric. LOL That barkcloth is gorgeous!
Love your cupboard! Very stylish!!
That fabric is worth arm wrestling over at a flea market!
Oh what a wonderful cupboard. When I was a little girl one of my little friends had a tiny version of exactly the same cupboard! Such happy memories!

I love how you have filled it with such pretties!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Gorgeous Fabrid stash! Such beautiful prints.

Karen at Ciderantiques
I do like how the cupboard gives just a hint at what is inside-so stylish!
THANKS
Rene'
LOVE your cabinet! Your kitchen looks so sweet and charming! I wish mine looked like this!
Thank you for sharing today!
~Cerri xo
thank you for sharing. love all the stuff you showed. very sweet combination.
Anonymous said…
Wow I am blown away - lost for words.
ABOUT ME said…
I love your color combinations and the polka dot patterns. Really fun kitchen. Have a great Sunday! Di
prettyshabby said…
I think your kitchen is fantastic..those replacement cupboards are perfect..my little Grannie had a cream and red English rose kitchen and along one wall were cream cupboards just like that with the reeded glass sliding doors..they were filled with quite boring yellow Woodsware!(your vintage and bridgewater stuff looks far more interesting) I cant believe you had that 10 metre batch of fabric for £2..has to be bargain of the century..totally gorgeous..£2!!
Anonymous said…
OMG !!!!!!!!!!
YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING !!!!!!
I LOVE FABRIC! I LOVE CHINA! I ADORE MY KICHEN AND YOURS!!!!!!!!!!
I SAVED MINE OBOUT 9 YRS AGO !
My partner said look at this old kitchen of mums I'm getting rid of it too the scrap man .I went to see it and Fell in love head over heels.So It stayed under the tarpaulin for about 8 yrs then we restored it .
I'm going to add a link to your blog from mine is that okay !!!!!

Have you entered my blog giveaway !!!!!!!
from sesga xx