Be still my incomplete hearts!

We were recently able to visit a garden which was open under the Yellow Book scheme. Many years ago the house and garden had belonged to handsome hubby's aunt and he spent many happy summers there with his cousins, rampaging through corn fields and climbing this tree!
He wanted to share the garden with the beautiful boy, but of course it had all completely changed. But the climbing tree was still there. Like a great big protective umbrella.
I am so glad we visited. It was good to share memories and see my two men together under this incredible tree, chatting about boys stuff and things mum's don't need to know!
From 2pm today it is officially the Summer Holidays! The beautiful boy finally finishes school for 8 weeks. Whoopee! He asked his lovely teacher's favourite colour and we made more bunting; this time it was green with stars...
and he made his trademark Lavender Owl! Only the very special people get one of these!
I am so looking forward to the everyday wonder of my boy's company! We are so very lucky to have him. But the question must now be asked, when will I ever,
indeed, will I ever
finish my Tiny Hearts sampler?! I'm off to stock the cupboards. Hearts will have to wait! Have a lovely weekend everyone. t.x

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a truly delightful post - sounds like your husband had an idyllic childhood - and now your son too - and oh those hearts
I just popped by for a visit as I loved your very witty comment on Dulwich Mum's last post. Had me laughig out loud. Yoo are incredibly talented. Lovely blog and I love the biscuits for end of term. Just lovely.
Teena Vallerine said…
Thank-you MOB. Dulwich Mum never fails to inspire humour she is so superbly funny! I often scare my family by laughing our loud when I'm reading her blog! xx
Niki Fretwell said…
Hi T,
Aw that little scented owl made by your beautiful boy - sooo cute!! I'm sure teacher was thrilled with it. And some of your lovely bunting too!

Have a great weekend and enjoy the long holiday......
Niki x
Paula said…
I was very excited to get a comment on my blog by someone else who is living in Norfolk. I recognised a lot of places in your photos (the mirror elephant is my favourite of all the elephants around Norwich), and the chocolates etc. You have very lovely things in your blog. Polly x x x
Teena Vallerine said…
Thank-you Polly! The idea of proximity is exciting isn't it! That mirror elephant is the best one we've seen so far!
Oh everything in this post was soooo cute, your husband passing on his memories to your son...
But what was really nice for me was the fact that your son is just as TALENTED as his mummy!
Hope that you and yours have a well deserved Summer Holidays!
Kisses Kisses
Debbie
xxx
Teena Vallerine said…
Debbie you're a sweetie. I shall tell the beautiful boy you admired his handiwork! He loves to see his work on the blog! t.xx
What fantastic images on your Blog, so beautiful.
Teena Vallerine said…
Thank-you Frog! Glad you jumped by and had a nice time. x
hi

you make me think about myself. I like colors too and can't ocus one thing. I really love you're blog and those cooky's make my hungry.

nynke from the Netherlands
Teena Vallerine said…
Hello purple rabbit! I'm afraid I'm not clever enough to read your blog! Glad you dropped by - hope you found some cookies to eat! x
Anonymous said…
i'm gonne try to blog also in englisch from now on. I found some cooky's today we call them speciculaas. It's very jummy and they have the shape of a windmale.

nynke
Teena Vallerine said…
Purple Rabbit! You bi-lingual bloogers amaze me! I look forward to having a read. Glad you found yummy cookies. They sound very pretty. t.x