Remember this? Well, I know we're all thinking "Good grief! This chair really hasn't progressed at all and it's been, well, forever!" So I thought I'd show a little before picture before the update (so to speak). Not least because the pictures taken in the workshop are a bit yellow (fluorescent strip lighting!) and the real pink is far prettier!
So, the mini crisis! I made my patchwork seat cover - and I hated it. This was the second attempt and I just hadn't got my mojo on. Somehow it all kept coming out far too blue and, well, regulated. Stripes were not what I wanted! I eventually settled upon this seat and back panel.
But it wasn't working. But I'm hoping to get two very nice cushions out of them!
Meanwhile, and I think this was partly the cause of my troubles, I had discovered the most beautiful length of linen at the bottom of my fabric heaps (Embarrassingly I often discover things when I start to shuffle the heaps around a bit)
I loved the pale pinky roses against the dramatic background. The central panel is a perfect seat for my chair don't you think?
And those pale blue roses go perfectly with a few yards of gimp I also have loitering in the workroom.
Once I had made this discovery I don't think my heart was in the patchwork cover anymore. Maybe that's why I accidentally made a nice cushion cover instead!
So. "Progress?" I hear you ask. Well the seat now looks like this.
I completed the callico layer - this is the last layer of forming the seat shape and the top cover is just a decorative addition. It may not look like a full weeks class, but each of those tacks was removed and re-banged at least 3 or 4 times, some considerably more. I found it nervewracking to finally have to commit to the seat shape and wanted it to be absolutely perfect. So I was the noisiest person in the building for 3 whole hours!
Just the shield back to complete next; tack on a piece of callico, press felt into the dips created by the roll edge I formed by top-stitching;
a nice cosy wad of felt on top of that,
and that was all there was time for!!! If I can avoid removing and replacing tacks for 3 hours next week I might actually be putting on that lovely vintage Sanderson linen. Hurrah!
And now, a really big HURRAH! For all of you my lovely readers! Drum roll.....
Look what happened on my counter yesterday evening! And I was there to see it happen! Ten Thousand, 10,000 unique visitors! Wahey!
Between you all, you've popped in to read my little blog 10,000 times! My page views have topped over 16,000! Thank-you to everyone who keeps coming back. To my lovely Blogger Followers (I know who you are!) and to all my anonymous Google Reader subscribers (you know who you are!) and to everyone else who drops in from wherever. I love that you take the time to visit and thoroughly enjoy reading your comments.
So, down to work, the sun is out, the workroom is cosy and warm and I'm off to do some festive stitching. I only have one uninterrupted day before the weekend so I hope to be back by Monday with details of my Christmas listings on Etsy ! After that, I think it will be high time for some award giving and a little celebratory Christmas giveaway! Yippee! t.xx