Let them eat cake, cake and more cake!

You know how we love to bake in the kitschen! Well, what better excuse than Grandma's birthday?!
The beautiful boy did his usual exceptional work taking charge of the decorating!
In celebration of spring and Grandma's love of all things blue and white, I made a little cushion...
...using this piece of vintage embroidery from an old tray cloth. Forget-me-nots and Primroses.
Not to be out-done the beautiful boy made daffodils. Can you tell which are the real ones?
And with spring in the air there was kissing in blue and white too...
And as if all that were not enough excitement, a shared birthday week meant more cake for a much loved little cousin too! Hurrah! Cakes for everyone!
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Back to school on Monday and I must get myself straight back into the workroom! Much going on in the coming weeks. New and exciting projects underway, but more on that later. For now I have one more day of half term to enjoy with my boy.. and catch up on homework! Now, exactly how far away is the moon.....?? t.x

Comments

~ Phyllis ~ said…
What a pretty cake. Almost too pretty to eat.
Anonymous said…
Wow that cake is just gorgeous.
I've not seen any finer in expensive stores - and it has that handmade stamp of approval too.
A talented chap.
myminimocs said…
oh Grandma's going to be thrilled with her wonderful cake & gifts!!!
happy birthday to her and little cousin - Enjoy your weekend!!!

if it helps you spend more time with your boy and less time do home work the moon is about 250,000 miles
"Way to go Beautiful Boy"...... "Way to go....!" x x
A time to dance said…
I love the cushion what a beautiful tray cloth...lucky Grandma..some of us are NOT looking forward to half term being over!..love H
Sal said…
That's the most fab cake!! I love the cushion too ;-)
Floss said…
What great cakes, and a lovely use for the vintage embroidery. I've been collecting French embroideries for a while, even the stained ones, because I can cut them up and do something with the good parts. I'll remember your cushion when I'm looking for inspiration.
LissyLou said…
What a lucky Grandma!! x
Goosey said…
Lucky Grandma, all that cake and presents too
Jayne said…
The cake looks wonderful - I love the roses. Excellent embroidery - well done.

Love Jayne xxxx
Clare Carter said…
I can answer that!! Far far away..... : ) How super fab is you boy at cake decorating! He has a gift-its always the boys isn't it?! Is it that sugar love that does it?Cakes look delicious and I just love that beautiful embroidery.Happy Birthdays all round.xxx
oh my goodness! I want someone to bake me a cake that pretty! lovely blog!!
Shabby Chick said…
Stunning cakes, I want to book my birthday at your house!!!

That cushion is beautiful, I really hope Grandma love it :)

Mel xxx
Teena Vallerine said…
Phillis - Almost...but not quite! t.x

Tara - indeed! t.x

Myminimocs - grandma was tickled and we had a lovely family lunch! t.x

MM - and he goes... probably due to the tablespoon-full of icing he eats for every cupcake he decorates! t.x

C&B - oh honey and it went by so FAST! t.x

Sal - thank-you t.x

Floss - some things just have to be brought home even if you don't have a particular use in mind! I call it fabric rescue! t.x

LL - we're lucky to have her too! t.x

Goodsey - that's what birthdays are for! :-) t.x

Jayne - thank-you. t.x

C - HAHA! Will we put that in his project book? hmm...t.xxx

PCV - oh but you're so far away! t.x

SC - you're on! Expect mayhem! t.
meplusmolly said…
fab as always! so colourful, gorgeous cakes with great decoration from your small person!
lovely cushion too ;0 x
Ok so I'm licking my lips and all I can think about is getting my hands on some cake right now!!

Victoria xx
Anonymous said…
Fabulous cake!
Niki Fretwell said…
"Happy Birthday, Mum" - hope you all enjoyed the special day,
Niki x
Anonymous said…
Aaaah just love the things you make, they are so goergoues! You a very very talented person! Wish i could do such nice stiching. Brillant :D