Chop chop work work

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I was greatly spoiled. A lovely day visiting some beautiful walled gardens full of Spring promise!
I can never resist a walled garden. Equally I'm a bit of a wall geek! There are lots of these sorts of photos in our albums. Lovely old moss covered walls encircling and protecting their gardens. I love these tumbling bricks. How on earth do they stay put?
In between gardens we enjoyed a lovely lunch here, followed by some ill-advised and over vigorous table tennis in the pub's garden!
And this week I am suffering a little culture shock! For the first time since I became a mum, and for one week only, I am working in an office!
It is only day two and already I am lost in admiration for women who do this full-time! I am only doing a bit of phone covering for hubby so it's not too taxing. But even so, I have to be up and out with make-up and smart ironed clothes and other such alien things....before the school run!! Yikes! I don't have to do any of that when I just fall into the workroom!
It is fun though. Being surrounded by office chat and technology. When hubby and I first met this was a revolutionary little desktop publishing machine!
As time went by the design became even more innovative - (sadly I was never allowed one of the flowery ones - the engineers threatened to quit if one came into the building!)
Then there was the beautifully pure white iMac.
Strange boxes and cubes...
Oh my we've come a long way!
Of course I haven't a clue what everyone is talking about - and if anyone gets too techie I'll just start talking back at them... batting and basting, french knots and couching - howzat!
To maintain my sanity I whizz home after the school run and the beautiful boy and I spend a happy couple of hours in the workroom. He is working on the most beautiful picture and I have big bunnies on the go...
and lots of these yummy little gems which I am finding quite addictive! It is so satisfying playing with little colour combinations.
I have finished three more Bun brooches which will be going into my Etsy shop as soon as I get a minute.
And I have been doing a bit of doodling for future embroidery designs - don't tell the boss!!
I can't wait to get back to my 'proper job'; those doodles need to be stitched!
School finishes on Friday for the Easter holidays so the beautiful boy and I will be able to spend some time together creating and stitching, listening to audio books and putting the world to rights. I can't wait!
I hope you are all having a good week.
And to all you working mums - I am in awe! t.x

Comments

willywagtail said…
Love the walls, especially the stone one. i think I could be stone-wall geek too. Cherrie
Shannon said…
The walled gardens remind me of The Secret Garden, one of my favorite children's books. Delightful!
I hope you and your son have a wonderful week creating, and that you give all of us blog buddies a peak when you are done. I LOVE the owls. :)
The sewing room said…
Wow you have been busy it sounds to me like you are looking forward to your Easter break with your son ,so leave techno land and come back to crafty land the pace is much better best wishes Pat
pinkgreen said…
I'm glad you are enjoying your time working - but I'm looking forward to seeing how those owls turn out! Hope you get back to the 'proper job' soon!!
Cathy XX
MelMel said…
Amazing how much computers have changed!

Your makes are so pretty....xxx
What a lovely post! If you get stuck for an insult in the office, look from under your eyebrows and hiss "fat quarters!".... ha! ha!. Funny you should blog about walled gardens, I am in process of sorting a post about a similar wall. They are gorgeous things aren't they? x
Anonymous said…
oh! big time proper grown up stuff! I would be just itching to get back home and play sorry work hard!
loving your wall idolising, inspiration is everywhere!!!!!
Anonymous said…
What a gorgeous post. I'm with you on walls - I took so many pictures of walls and pavements when we visited Tuscany that Mr P thought I'd gone a bit potty.

SUCH sweet brooches - teeny beach huts too!

Ah, I remember our lovely lovely Mac. I miss it terribly.
A Thrifty Mrs said…
Great secret garden looking place.

I do adore those brooches Teena, I think I'll be coming back to snatch one of those up.
Teena Vallerine said…
WWW - I think, looking down the comments, we may have enough members for a secret society! t.x

Shannon - I think that's part of the appeal - all the little secrets! t.x

TSR - only two days to go!! t.x

C - I keep doodling but can't wait to get time to work on them some more with colours and thread! t.x

MM - isn't it - although Apple Macs were always ahead of the field - not that I'm biased or anything.... :-) t.xx

MM - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!! xx

A - yes - I'm intending some serious and very hard work asap.... :-) t.x

SP - hahah! Did you blog your walls and pavements? Looks like there are lots of wall fans out there! t.x
Bobo Bun said…
You made me laugh thinking of swapping chucking the same old pair of jeans and boots on again for smart grown up clothes. One is easy and comfy.

Good for you being naughty and doodling your designs are looking great.

Lisa x
claire Maraldo said…
I had one of those first apple macs in my first proper job as a graphic designer.

i thought it was the business ;-)

It seemed so . . . futuristic somehow!

Love the brooches. Very cute!
I love the wall and that garden gate! Those little stitched cupcake pins are SOOO cute too!
Can't wait to see the stitched doodles!!!
Anonymous said…
When I was at school I did some work experience in an office, and so I know exactly what you mean about respect for office working Mums.
The owls are so sweet, just adorable. Have a lovely weekend.
Love Vanessa xxx
myminimocs said…
the gardens are amazing!!! and going from a life of being able to explore such wonders to an office setting much have absolutely been a total culture shock!!!
Diane said…
Hi, I love a walled garden. My dream job would be to work in one (and not the 4 walls of the office that I currently work in). I love your blog, and as we are heading down to Nofolk (Clippesby) for our main holiday this year, I am looking for inspiration. (Big Blue Sky is firmly on my list thanks!) Your work is beautiful. xx
Sarah said…
Hello!

Not sure if you've seen but I have an award for over at my blog!
Teena Vallerine said…
BBB- I'd given up pretending to be smart by Thursday! It was all too much! t.x

CM - it WAS the business! t.x

PT - me too! t.x

V - you too sweetie t.x

MMM -but fun too...for a week! t.x

D - ooh! lucky you. Have a lovely trip! t.x

S - that's very kind - I'll pop on over! t.x
I hope you didn't end up wearing a twin-set and pearls T.. whatever next!?
It is good sometimes to have a reality check and see how the rest of the world works.. bit too sobering for me!
Adorable cake brooches... I could eat five straight away!

Michele xx