Sherbert and Chutney.

I promised thrifty goodness and here it is. I have continued to add to my collection of Utility China - and I can never look at it all mixed up without thinking of the wonderful description by A Thrifty Mrs - "Lick me I taste like Sherbert" ... these colours altogether just make me smile.
I have also added a couple of pieces of venetian glass to the bits and pieces on the overmantel in the sitting room. The tall vase is especially tactile and gorgeous. It just had to come home with me don't you think?!
Fabric - of course there has been fabric - two of these blues were gifts - the middle curtain from clever mumsie and the wonderful leafy print cotton on the right from a homes journalist I met earlier this year. She is keen to hear from any of you who think you have a beautiful and original home - if you would like to make contact just drop me an email (in my profile) and I'll let you know what to do!
Pinks - of course! The cotton on the left is especially delicious in a sherberty kind of way.
There has been some stitching - more on that next week, and the harvest activity continues with more chutney making.. someone really should clean their Aga lids - tut tut!
10 jars of Apple and Date Chutney - oh the anticipation! This batch should be ready to eat just in time for Christmas! Still to do is the Glutney using overgrown courgettes and green tomatoes... mmmm. And the small matter of a sack full of beetroot to deal with!
And Mrs BoboBun and I have not been idle - we are gradually introducing our wonderful Christmas Makers over at the Pick n Mix blog so do take a peek. Lots more news to come over there!
Next post here I'm going to share a wonderful place where a friend kindly took me for lunch to blow away the cobwebs. And oh my what a place and what a lunch! I am already trying to find an excuse to go back again!
Hope you're all enjoying a restful weekend. t.xxx

Comments

silverpebble said…
Oh swoony swoon. Your china! Wherever do you get it? Secret thrifty china HEAVEN, clearly. The leafy print fabric too. Oof. Sunday loveliness.

I'm not sure if my house would be finished and polished enough for the lady you mention. I might drop you an email.
KC'sCourt! said…
You did well with your buys, and the chutney looks really yummy!
Sarah said…
Beautiful china as always! I was looking through my pickles and chutney book last night so must get on and make some.....so much to do and not enough time!
Mise said…
Whenever I read your posts I think of the Famous Five having high tea in a Cath Kidston kitchen. A lovely effect.
A time to dance said…
Oh I love the venitian glass...wonderful and if i had room in my kitchen I would have more cups and saucers...I love your description...I often descibe myself as salivating and needing gas and air with excitment when I go in wool shops, I once got stopped in the tate shop by an assistnat who thought I was having a heart attack...one of my students said 'no dont worry about miss, she is just shopping!' I am interested in contacting the magazine, althought the thought of a deep clean is terrifying....do they find vintage dust interesting? maybe kim and aggie would help me. can you send the details sweetie...love H
Irma said…
Hallo,

Your blog is wonderful and i like al your stuff, i love the collors.
Beautiful pictures,

Greets from Irma from the Netherlands
Loved those blue fabrics, your mum has an "eye" for it, doesn't she? Off over to Pick n Mix to have a lookeeeeeeee.........
rockinloubylou said…
I especially love the pink flowery fabric. Reminds me of the sheets I had when I was little. And the china reminds me of the pink custard they used to give us in primary school. Aaah, memory lane, my favourite place!
Lovely haul of china! and great fabrics too.... chutneytastic, you have been a very busy bee!

Sarah x
MelMel said…
The china is so yummy!

I love my little home but I don't think the mags would be interested in a rented house in the worse bit of Manchester!
LOL!

I've just spent a lovely few mins enjoying the flicker groups, thay are fun!
Always enjoy your blog...cos its so pretty and colourful!xx
A Thrifty Mrs said…
Swoon.
I love that stuff.
Perfect post for cheering me up on a dull Monday afternoon.
The Curious Cat said…
Oh i am envious of your chutney! I wanted to make some this weekend but we had a big do and we spent way too much money! I managed to make the Christmas cake but no room for chutney...and anyway, where does one buy the jars in you have no spare ones lying about?! xxx
Anonymous said…
You have been busy! And those pinks and blues are so pretty. You've reminded I shall have to something about all my green tomatoes...
Miss Prudence said…
deeeeeelightful as my crazy wacky middle kid says when delighted!
Catherine said…
You have inspired me! I was going to make chutney for Christmas presents but wasn't sure when I could make it...now I know!! Thank you!
Pomona said…
Your Aga lids are cleaner than mine!

Pomona x