Pretties

The little plastic birdie looked so happy on the button shelf that I went around the house and found a few china lovelies to keep him company....I am especially fond of the pink parrot! All of these bright little birds are Made in China. This little flock have arrived over many years but they all seem to sit happily together.
and on the lower shelf, amongst my 'iced gem china' there is something a little special - a little pink basket! Well, that really made me smile! I have never seen one like this before!
For those who sent me messages, I have popped a few of the little vintage hair slides into my shop, thank-you for asking!
And the magazine came out! - A lovely mention of our Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market in the Style pages.....
and a lovely write up on our home by Tony Hall who managed to get in so much information and lots of beautiful pictures!
It is lovely to see the work that went into our project put down in print. Tony has really made us happy!
And at the end there was another mention of the Pick 'n' Mix too!
Next article out will be a Craft Fairs feature in Selvedge magazine which is very exciting! Hope you're all enjoying the sunny weather and having a good week! I am so keen to dig out my summer clothes but the wardrobe is heaving as I daren't pack away the warm woollies until May is all done! Is that very British of me?! t.xx

Comments

birdie blue said…
Love the birds!
maryannlucy said…
What a beautiful home x
Lululiz said…
That Italian "Iced Gem" china is so funky! I had never seen anything like it before I saw it on your blog. Iced Gem is a great name for it, lol, no idea what the proper Italian name is, but I am sure I prefer yours.
Unknown said…
I really love the flowers on the brown jugs, they are like the old fashioned sugar flowers on fairy cakes xx
Bobo Bun said…
Go on I dare you - throw out the woolies and wear something flimsy. It's only supposed to rain tomorrow.

X
Linda said…
Looking forward to my monthly dose of Norfolk Magazine now.Linda x
Frances said…
Oh, lots to comment on in this lovely blog of yours! I am another who has shelves with themed collections. I really like those birds in front of your buttons. And the iced Italian china is totally new to me, and really so whimsically delightful.

I will pass your Pick 'n' Mix article info on to a friend who lives in Norfolk.

And ... as a subscriber to Selfedge, I toast you on being included within the pages of that upcoming issue. What a fabulous magazine.

Best wishes from New York.
A time to dance said…
The pictures look fab...you are becoming a bit of a celebrity my friend...lovely one of you and the little man...I also love all the birds they look great together
KC'sCourt! said…
Lovely home. I love your "iced gemmed" china very pretty and unusual.
THISNTHAT said…
Wow! That 'iced gem' china takes me back to my childhood. That's what I called it too.
Lesley X
claire Maraldo said…
Thank you for your good wishes on saturday Teena. I wish you could visit. I plan to visit your fabby Pick and mix market at some point.

lovely pic of you and your beautiful boy on your sidebar!
Debbie said…
Oh if you ever want to sell those buttons!! I collect old buttons. My gosh...where did you get them all anyway? Love coming here...there is always something so bright and beautiful here to look at and you are such a good hostess. Congrats on the article.
Calico Kate said…
I love the button shelf and lust fter a fabric stash as organised as yours (top right hand pic)
It's been ages since I was able to pop in I've had a lovely trawl through your recent antics. Oh oh oh for a local Carboot sale, tho suspect that husb is extremely pleased w don't have one *sighs*
CKx
Jennie said…
ooh I love the pictures and the fact you are in magazines! The birds are so pretty and look lovely on the button shelf x
Entre Nous said…
What IS the color (and brand!) in the top photo of the kitschen woodwork around the stove and the chairs? I need this color!
silverpebble said…
Oh your iced gem china is just wonderful - goodness, how much scouring must you have done to have found it all!

Did you say Selvedge? Wowee! How very very exciting. Looking forward to seeing you on the 29th - I'm already busy with the pliers x