Springing!

 Well the year is definitely springing along here! I am thankful the cold snap is over. The log store was getting low and, well, it was COLD! 
We had a heartfelt February with a Valentines' breakfast for the boy, and lots of folding and colouring secretive loveliness.
 Some beautiful crisp long walks over the half term, and a new Nature Reserve enjoyed at Wheatfen, home of Ted Ellis who was a Norfolk wildlife hero when I was a child.
 Another excitement was an unexpected feature in a magazine I had not come across before! I'm now plotting my subscription! As ever it was odd to look at pictures of the old house. I really enjoyed the edit of Hazel's write up in this one. I think it's my favourite article so far.
Stitchy excitement as March comes around with two embroidery workshops to enjoy at The Dragon Hall in Norwich on the 19th and 26th! For details of how to book you will need to contact Dragon Hall direct. Their details are on my website along with Autumn workshop dates if you can't get a place this time around. Dragon Hall put on an amazing season of textiles classes and events so it's well worth asking for the full brochure!
There has been stitchery work, a boy sampler for a new baby, always a pleasure to create something for a new little person. It's a very simple piece of work and I greatly enjoyed that simplicity. 

I particularly enjoy stitching words. There's a rhythm to it that I find mesmerising.
And outside our cottage the garden is starting to wake up. There is the promise of a carpet of Spring flowers but so far only the Crocus and Snowdrops have dared show their faces in the sunshine.

Oh yes! I almost forgot! Thank-you all so much for the wonderful replies to the 'Pale and Interesting' giveaway. There were so many good answers that I couldn't possibly choose my one most important thing any more! But we did choose one answer and the winner is Gill, because when I look back over the pictures of the old house, the one thing that tugs at my heartstrings, aside of the view out the window, is my old Aga! Send me your address Gill and I'll send over your prize.
t.x

Comments

pinkgreen said…
I loved the article in Molly Makes - and the pictures of course! The breakfast looks amazing too! Spring is nearly here - enjoy your flowers XX
silverpebble said…
Mollie Makes! How wonderful! It's so ace to see little glimpses of your new cottage and particularly that beautiful commission with the gorgeous little birds. Speak soon xxx
Jelly Jam said…
I spotted the lovely photos in Mollie Makes. Can spot an English Rose kitchen a mile off! It takes me back to my kitchenalia dealing days.
Ellie
x
Manu said…
Beautiful pics!!
Spring is almost here too!!!
I've been meaning to mail you since I read the Mollie Makes article - I realised it must be your old house - they must work on articles years in advance!
greenthumb said…
Hi, what a lovely sewing you have done, how nice for you to have an artical in Molly Makes.
Frances said…
Grand to see this new new year's post from you. Bravo on the Mollie article. I do come across this interesting magazine over here in New York, sometimes available in Barnes & Noble.

Isn't it strange how this winter is yielding to spring well before the calender would suggest?

Please do keep on embroidering those letters. I must give that a try myself. xo
Glynis said…
It is a lovely article (and delightful pictures too)in Mollie Makes...I have my subscription and look forward to it each month.
Gill...lucky you on winning the giveaway - and I just wanted to say that I agree so much that an Aga is a thing of beauty, comfort and cosiness and is something that makes life just feel better (I love mine too!)
Mollie Makes is my latest magazine addiction. It was a lovely article and I can never see too many pictures of the gorgeous kitchen at your old house.
Claire said…
The snowdrops really made me smile. They're so pretty.
Chris said…
Hi Teena, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/
Choclette said…
Oh yes, spring is in the air indeed, but I haven't see any crocuses yet, love that little pot of flowers. AND I think CT would love that breakfast ;-)
Lynne said…
Hi Teena - just got round to booking your workshop with Gragon Hall - I'm going for the 30th September one, as life very hectic at the moment! Really looking forward to it. I did 'speak' to you on facebook a while back, about finding you in Mollie Makes!

I'm doing a craft market at Drove Orchards FArm - just on the road to Thornham - on 7th May, the Bank Holiday if you are at a loose end, be lovely to see you.
MelMel said…
Hi Teena....just popped over to see how you are?
Your home is really coming along....hope you are well!

Melx
baju muslim said…
This is a great posting I have read. I like your article. Thank you
debby emadian said…
The blossoms still on our fruit trees and in-between showers the bees are collecting pollen so spring is still in full bloom and we are having amazing skies...

I hope that your April and May have been as funas February and May
Deb
manojhari said…
It was nice to read the good information and with awesome pictures.



Buy Google Plus Ones
thyme (Sarah) said…
What beautiful stitchery! I have no talent for needle work. My mind and body can't sit still long enough to this incredible art form so I am amazed at anyone who has the talent. My mother tried for years to teach me how to "smock" and embroidery.
LoLy said…
Awwwwwww, Thank you visiting my blog, I am new around your blog and i LOVE it...
I am your new happy follower :D
ozgrkdn said…
Hi Teena,My daughter's blog LookbookUnlimited is began broadcasting...I hope, you do support her:)))Have a nice day:))
Paula said…
Hi Teena,
I just found you via a comment that you left on Vanessa Kimble's blog, and I'm delighted to find that you are a fellow Norfolk dweller! Hope that all is well with you - I've just had a lovely browse through your old posts, and it's been a real pleasure.
Best wishes,
Paula x
ElizabethBee said…
Hello: I just spent a delightful evening looking at every single blog post. Thanks for sharing your embroidery skills, family life, and inspiration. -- Elizabeth from Apex, North Carolina, in the United States
I love the second picture, Egg in heart :p
Display name said…
What a lovely post! I recognize these little white flowers. In a couple of weeks they should pop up around here too! :) ela
Martina said…
good post! thanks sharing!
Griselda said…
Egg Looks delicious!
aarongrey112 said…
Hi, can I contact you through your email? I've something to share that might interest you.

Aaron
aarongrey112 gmail.com
Anonymous said…
test
AAKASH DUBEY said…
really very nice post I am glad to be here and read this post thank you for sharing this post
shayari
chand shayari
broken heart shayari
bollywood shayari
dard Shayari
Shubhankar Sah said…
Nice <a href="https://www.shayarivilla.online/2020/08/dard-bhari-shayari-in-hindi.html> Shayari on dard</a>.
joyjill said…
loveable article nice thaank you gayatri mantra
Digvijay Singh said…
it was great to read the wonderful details of your post ...
good night whatsapp image
Amit Singh said…
Nice post I really liked your contents.
Army Shayari
Sharabi Shayari
Dil Shayari
Anonymous said…
Very Excellent post
download turbo c c++
turbo c