The art of re-housing treasure!

A.K.A. 'shopping'! It occurs to me that I have not been sharing my thriftiness of late. That in the midst of the cupboard clearing which started last year you might think I had stopped shopping. You might think I had stopped acquiring new treasure to re-fill those cupboards! Horrors! I cannot allow you to be so deluded. So I thought a little update of my most recent finds might be nice....
This HUGE piece of delicious fabric came from my lovely button lady....
Buttons, of course. These are a few of the ones I have added and I really do need to catch up on some sorting - they are beginning to take over the workroom tables in pots and tins!
And today saw me at the Norwich Bead and Textile Fair where I met some old friends and some others whom I hope will become new friends... amongst them Bridget who made me laugh and whose work with felt is beautiful! This little rose brooch makes me think of strawberries and cream and I had to bring it home with me!
With the car boot season well underway my favourite weekly field sale has been a great fun if cold start to Wednesdays. Lots of chalkware this year. This serene statue....
A beautiful large flower urn....
...complete with it's wire flower holders which makes it very useful!
A herd of deer - too many for the Barmy shelf to hold so a new plan is in hand and some de-cluttering may be required!
A whole bunch of roses....
Quite a few cups and saucers - funny how things come in batches.... I never set out to have a cup and saucer collection, but for now at least irresistible cups and saucers seem to be what I'm finding...
This delightful dome was covering a very manky and nasty dried flower arrangement which was soon ejected in favour of the beautiful boy's nature finds....
And this cheery little plastic bird has found a happy perch on the button shelf....
Part of the reason the boy and I were so keen to visit the Shell Museum was that our own shell collection is growing quite well...
We each have our favourites but being fickle as I am....
I find it hard to say which is mine....
as it changes so from one day to the next.....and do you see how many of them are pink?!
And today at the Bead fair, on a little stall selling lace and jewellery and vintage beads I found this amazing little treasure to add to our collection... all made from tinky tiny little shells. It makes me SMILE!And this makes me smile too! I am in the midst of working on a 'Pay it Forward' for two lovely bloggy friends, Penny and Helen. Well. Suffice to say with life as it is this year, I have been very slow to organise myself. I bump into Penny from time to time and I said today "next time I shall have sent your P.I.F.' but I'm not sure when that will be! And Helen. Lovely kind Helen did not wait for me and instead turned it into a PIB - a 'Pay it Backwards'. What a sweetie! I received a parcel full of loveliness including this beautiful handmade bag in the scrummiest pink!
and oh so many other goodies too! Thank-you lovely Helen. The boy and I are heading your way before the year is out and before we do I will, I will, I will make your P.I.F.!!
I am busy busy in the workroom. So much going on that it is not always easy to find the time but time I must find! Our second Pick 'n' Mix Makers Market is fast approaching and I so want to fill my stall with yumminess!
Perhaps we shall see you there on the day? The tea shop is going to be a joy!
Now, tomorrow is making me nervous. We have an article coming out in the May issue of the local county magazine and it's the first time I haven't previewed the pictures before they go to press..... off to the newsagent first thing methinks! I shall let you know how it goes! t.x

Comments

Leah said…
Your recent finds are gorgeous, I love that fabric!
How many amazing finds do you have?? You certainly have an eye!! Love Posie
Frances said…
Well, it's clear that you've been pretty well occupied.

Let me take time to praise that barmy shelf of yours! What a winning collection.

I also love all those shells!

Wish that such cup and saucer treasures would appear on my travels over here. Not to be. Way too many clever eyes in New York City find treasures in advance of other eyes.

All in all, KP, it's grand to see you posting!
THISNTHAT said…
Know what you mean re de-cluttering but isn't it fun filling it up again?! Looks as though you may have the replacements before the decluttering! Lovely finds. Still, it pays to be ahead of things.
Lesley X
A time to dance said…
What fantastic finds, I love the statue...I think I need a bit of a clear out, looking at all the dust catchers in my kitchen, a spring clean could be on its way at half term...the presents were just a little treat...I couldnt send something for the little man and not you could I? ...love and hugs H
ps looking forward to that visit
KC'sCourt! said…
What lovely perfect finds. There is never anything like that at our boot-fairs!
Julie xxxxx
Serenata said…
Lovely to catch up with your latest finds! If your deer need rehoming, well what can I say, send them in my direction! ;-)
I'm a right softie for waifs and strays.
Sarah said…
What brilliant finds - I certainly would have had the statue!
x
A Thrifty Mrs said…
I love your finds. That fabric is beautiful.
Loving the seashells too and your bathroom looks terrific.
Bridget said…
Bless your heart. Was lovely talking to you yesterday - I have set up a blog as instructed!!! Will keep in touch x
Miss Prudence said…
Well about time! I was missing taking a peak at your latest "finds"!!! Love that Barmy shelf and the flower vase is wonderful.....thanks Teena! : )
Penny said…
Love that cup and saucer, and the pink bag, oooh! I too met Bridget, another woolly soul! It's a small world! Penny x
MomWaldsPlace said…
Congratulations on finding so many goodies!

Chalkware confuses me. If it's made out of chalk, how can it withstand rain? One of the things that make me go hmmm.
GardenOfDaisies said…
So many lovely treasures! Lucky girl!
violet ~ creme said…
What lovely treasures! Lucky you finding that cup and saucer at a car boot sale!
Beautiful finds!! Love the shells too!!
xxxx
Unknown said…
I have an "I LOVE YOUR BLOG" award for you!When you have time please call into my blog where you will find your award!!xx

Thank you for sharing your lovely blog - it gives me great pleasure! xxx
silverpebble said…
That dear little shell picture! Goodness Teena you do find the most gorgeous things.