Flowers and candlewick.

We've had photographers here again and what better excuse to buy myself some favourite spring flowers?! I do so love these flopsy tulips....
and these miniature daffodils by my bedside are so cheery in the morning now that the sun is up early again!
I wish you could smell their spring filled scent; such a lovely wake-up call they are!
More tulips in the hall... they were in the sitting room but it's so warm when the stove is roaring away that they have wouldn't lasted a day!
and of course there's always the odd bud that gets knocked off....
or even a few too heavy for their stems!
Oh and look! I've told you how hopeless I am with houseplants but now I'm on a roll! For the second year running my very own hyacinth! So exciting!
And more excitement here! A parcel surprise from lovely Julie over at KC'scourt. This is a PIY - a 'Pay it Forward'! I get a lovely gift in the post from Julie and then I find someone who wants a gift from me and they find someone to receive a gift from them and on it goes - paying forward! What a lovely idea! If anyone wants to play do drop me an email!
Oh and what a lovely parcel it was! I have no idea where those chocolates vanished off to - whoosh - they just went! And do you want to see what's in that little package? Once again I wish you could smell the lovely scent of the lavender heart! A blast of summer on a grey winter's day!
Oh and look at that lovely pink brooch! You can see the colour better here....Perfect pink for me and if you want one too, Julie makes lots of different colours so pop on over and say hello!
I could almost eat it! YUM!! And speaking of yum I've been playing with candlewick... all those lovely ice-cream colours....
I love candlewick, I love the patterns, the texture and did I mention the ice-cream colours? I have a few vintage cot spreads in my collection....this funny little chap
Why is he wearing those wonderfully clunky boots?
And then this seasonal little bunny....
and speaking of bunnys....snip snip snip....
it's that time of year again and I need to get these little lovelies made up into a parade of my own barmy bunnies to deliver to the seaside at the end of the week....
So I'll be back SOON for an update and a giveaway... oh I'm excited. I have a little plan for you already... (and lovely kittikins, if you're popping by, your brooch is boxed up and ready to go - I just haven't had a moment to get to the post office! Soooooon I promise!) Hope you're all enjoying a productive week now the holiday is over. t.xx
(Why the photos? Ah. Now. There's a tale to tell another day!)
Thank-you everyone! Penny and Helen were the first to get in touch so I'll be sending a little P.I.F. to each of them sometime in the next month or so! t.xx

Comments

MelMel said…
What a beautiful spring like post....very cheery!xx
Unknown said…
Gorgeous flowers - wonderful colourful post - such a joy to read your blog - it makes my day.

Play it forward is a lovely thing to do isn't it - we do it in the crafting world too - a much nicer thing to do than that awful 'chain mail' that used to go around.

Can't wait to see all the stunning photos


Happy happy spring - and hope those bunnies spring off your sale table pdq

xx
Lululiz said…
Aaah, candlewick bedspreads, I love them, too, they are just so cosy.
shevie said…
ooohh those bedspreads are lovely,I never find any on my travels,where have they all gone?They bring to mind twin beds & pyjama cases,sweet!
A time to dance said…
I love tulipe, my all time fave flowers, I love the way they grow in their water making thier own little journeys to the light....hope all is well with you, I used to love plucking my mums candlewick as a child leaving little bald patches
KC'sCourt! said…
I love the candlewick bedcovers. I too use to pluck them making my own patterns!!!!
Love the tulips.
So glad you liked your gifts.
Sarah said…
those tulips are so pretty. The candlewick bedspreads are in such yummy colours and so cheery at the moment.
x
Anonymous said…
Candlewick! What lovely childhood memories it evokes. The icecream colours are lovely, both in the textiles and the tulips. Penny (Planet Penny)
Candlewick plucker here too......... Weren't we a bunch of destructive little girls?????
Perhaps we should form a Candlewick Pluckers' Society....

Lovely springlike post :O)
pinkfairygran said…
The photos of candlewick brough back so many memories... the feel of it particularly. Didn't know it was still around anywhere, and didn't know they did it with bunnies etc., in the pattern.
A Thrifty Mrs said…
I always adore the colours and texture of your posts. Spring like charm scattered through like painted Easter eggs. Just joyful!
Linda said…
What a wonderful colourful post - it has cheered me up after my return from the dentist! Linda x
Catherine said…
Oh, what fab colourful photos to brighten up my dull morning. Thank you....I feel much better now!
Catherine said…
Don't pictures of flowers just brighten up a cold, dreary day! Thank you! Spring might just be round the corner!
Cx
GardenOfDaisies said…
Those a re lovely bedspreads! this is another one of those funny differences between British english and American english. You call it Candlewick and we call it Chenille. My Grandmother used to have yellow candlewick spreads on the beds in her attic bedrooms.
jackanne said…
oh gosh do i remember those lovely bedspreads,me and my sister shared a bed and used to see who could pull out the most thread..why we did it ...god knows!needless to say our pink beadspread ended up very thin with not much pattern,how i wish i still had this (full)pink beadspread today!!xx
LissyLou said…
mmmm what beautiful flowers!!! hearts, chocolates, fabrics.....everything.....how lovely x
BusyLizzie said…
aaahh candlewick bedspreads, I have a beauty that I have had since I was a girl.. the boys in this house spurn it, but no matter... lizzie x
Don't you just love flowers! Lovely pics.
Shannon said…
Love this post - all those gorgeous flowers! So nice that we can have spring in our homes, if not yet outside. The "PIF" swap idea is terrific; I may have to start one up with my little circle of blog friends. And I can't wait to hear the story behind the pictures! Sadly, I was never able to hunt down a copy of the last magazine your home was published in. We have one bookstore an hour away that carries a few international magazines, but they sell out very quickly. If you are being published again, please blog it so that I can rush to the store to get my copy! :)
Meander said…
Oh my goodness those tuplips couldn't be more perfect! If you don't mind, I'd like to post that 1st picture on my blog (with a link back to you of course).
Lula said…
what a lovely post, filled with pinks and yellows- such prettiness makes my heart sing!
Elyse said…
i always enjoy your bright & cheery posts! beautiful flower photos, too.

xo
elyse
Anonymous said…
how great that you love candlewick and I can smell your spring flowers almost. Looking forward to the makes.

tinyinc
Anonymous said…
Love the colors!!! Now I can't wait for spring to come!!